Reports to: Partner
Desired qualifications/experience: The ideal candidate must have experience of working in a law firm and ideally a minimum of 12 months immigration law experience. A willingness to learn and ability to follow instructions, take initiative and assist in this busy immigration department is essential.
As an Immigration Paralegal at Aston Bond you will work with the firm’s Head of Immigration , a legal 500 leading and top tier lawyer.
The ideal candidate must have experience of working in a law firm and ideally a minimum of 12 months immigration law experience. A willingness to learn and ability to follow instructions, take initiative and assist in this busy immigration department is essential.
Our requirements :
- Experience of completion of online spouse entry clearance applications
- Tier 2 & Tier 4 applications
- Completing appeal forms
- Completing EEA & FLR applications
- Preparation of judicial review forms and bundles
- Preparation of First Tier Tribunal court bundles
The role is ideal for those undertaking their legal studies or having finished these but looking to get some experience. Must have strong academics and a ‘can do attitude ‘.
Typical duties will include:
- Assisting with research to support applications (Includes from Home Office policy, country operational guidance and other general news articles)
- Diary management including arranging appointments for clients
- Completing immigration application forms. Both online and paper e.g. Entry Clearance, Extension Leave to Remain and Human Rights Applications
- Booking same day visa appointments and assisting with the preparation of applications for submission
- Proof reading and checking forms and documents for accuracy
- Copying supporting documents for our records
- Preparing appeal trial bundles including indexes
- Completion of other standard letters, emails and faxes
- Telephone calls to organisations, monitoring and checking progress of applications and reporting back to client and supervising Lawyer
- General client care
- General administration
- Such other duties as May from time to time be given
If you meet these requirements please forward your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Heading ‘Immigration Paralegal’