Aston Bond Law Limited is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority number 567727 and is registered in England and Wales under Company Number 8005407.
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, contact us with the details in the first instance. Our Client Care Manager is Ilinca Mardarescu. She can be contacted on email@example.com
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within five working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this within three working day of receiving your complaint.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps.
- We will pass your complaint to Ilinca Mardarescu, our Client Care Manager , within three days.
- She will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within five days.
- She will then examine their reply and the information in your file and, if necessary, she may also speak to them. This will take up to five working days from receiving their reply and the file.
- Ms Mardarescu will then invite you to a meeting and discuss, and hopefully resolve, your complaint. She will do this within a five working days.
- Within two working days of the meeting Ms Mardarescu will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Ms. Mardarescu will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include her suggestions for resolving the matter. She will do this within five working days of completing the investigation.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can contact us again. You should do this in writing stating on what grounds you wish to appeal. This should be done within five working days of your receipt of the letter. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways.
- Another partner of the firm will review Ms. Mardarescu’s decision within ten days.
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation within five days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will let you know the result of the review within five working days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
If, once this Complaints Procedure has been exhausted, you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you have the right to contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint. This can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting them on 0300 555 0333.
Should you have a concern about a solicitor’s behaviour which we have not resolved, you have the right register your concern with the SRA. Further information can be found at SRA | Your right to complain | Solicitors Regulation Authority