In this role you will be dealing with a varied support caseload with an emphasis across Commercial, Civil and Property Litigation.
This is an opportunity for you to join a busy department that will offer excellent growth opportunities. You will be assisting with an extensive and varied workload and will be required to hit the ground running. A strong commercial acumen is essential.
- You will be a confident individual with strong academics.
- To demonstrate excellent communication and strategy skills
- A team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment whilst also supporting other team members and other departments in the firm.
- You will be required to promote the success of the firm both internally and externally
What’s on offer:
- An above market rate salary dependant on experience
- High quality workload with a high level of support and autonomy
- An opportunity to work in a collegiate environment with a real focus on work-life balance
- Genuine prospects for progression.
Type of Work:
The type of work that you will be required to assist with are as follows:
- Property Litigation
- Boundary Disputes
- Adverse Possession
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes
- Dilapidations Claims
- Disputed Lease Renewals
- Commercial and Residential Forfeiture Proceedings
- Business Disputes
- Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Quasi Partnership and Minority Shareholder Disputes
- Derivatives Claims
- Companies Act and Directors Duties Disputes
- Breach of duty claims
- Breach of Contract Claims
- Supply of Goods
- Construction Claims
- Misrepresentation Claims
- Insolvency Work
- Winding Up and Liquidation
- Section 217 Claims
- Defending section 339 and s423 IA claims
- Debt recovery
- TOLATA Claims
Main purpose of role:
- To provide cost effective support to the fee earners in the team in the work of the department.
- To provide general administrative support to the office
Key tasks (not an exhaustive list)
- Undertake certain elements of fee earning work under supervision. In particular:
- file creation and client care correspondence;
- attending meetings and taking notes;
- preparing all necessary accounts forms and understanding client ledgers;
- file closing and managing deed storage;
- making and receiving telephone calls, and dealing with basic telephone enquiries;
- administrative duties including photocopying, scanning, filing, door answering and letter
- ensuring meeting rooms are set up and cleared before and after meetings;
- attending and participating in departmental meetings
- Deal wherever possible with routine client enquiries and communications.
- Manage the collation of matter start and matter completion data.
- Deputise for fee earners in their absence, passing urgent issues to another fee earner for
- Co‐ordination of the key dates reminder system as outlined in the Manual.
- Ensuring that client matter files are kept up to date with correspondence and documents
- Shared general administrative duties undertaken with other paralegals on a rota basis
- Opening and sorting incoming post
- Franking external post
- Must have at least 12 months experience as a commercial litigation paralegal; A minimum 2:1 degree and commendation at LPC
- Hardworking and can demonstrate initiative;
- The ability to complete assigned tasks effectively and promptly;
- A cheerful personality;
- Adaptable and accommodating;
- A smart and tidy appearance;
- Good attention to detail;
- IT competent, particularly with reference to the use of Word and Excel.