We are looking for a paralegal candidate with proven experience in commercial property. The candidate must have good attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions, be enthusiastic and organised. Taking the initiative, a willingness to learn and completing assigned tasks effectively and promptly are also crucial.
It is expected that the candidate will be fully IT competent, particularly with reference to the use of Word and Excel, and must have experience with the Land Registry portal and SDLT online.
Desired Qualifications/Experience: The ideal candidate must have experience of working in the commercial property department, ideally 2-3 years’. Must have a minimum 2:1 degree and ideally a commendation or higher in their LPC.
Candidates should have good communication skills with an appropriate telephone manner.
Job Description: As a Commercial Property Paralegal at Aston Bond you will work directly for the firm’s Head of Real Estate. You will have direct contact with clients and must be able to work to deadlines. Your tasks will be varied and you will be expected to contribute to the continued development of the department. Duties will include;
- Open and close files, manage file and collate documentation;
- Draft basic letters;
3. Draft/complete simple client forms, money laundering and checks;
4. Arrange client appointments;
5. Make general calls;
6. Provide initial quotes and log all new enquiries;
7. Be familiar with Land Registry forms and procedures;
8. Send and manage regular chasers;
- Obtaining title documents;
- Submitting searches;
- Preparing Stamp Duty forms;
- Preparing completion statements and invoices;
- Preparing all necessary accounts forms and understanding client ledgers;
- Preparing Land Registry applications and dealing with requisitions;
- Producing first drafts of contracts, transfer deeds and leases (with fee earner guidance);
- Producing replies to Commercial Property Standard Enquiries;
- Dealing with pre‐completion requisitions;
- Maintain the training record (where appropriate.);
- Conduct self-appraisal and development planning;
- Actively participate in supervision and appraisal;
- Complete time recording;
- Deal with billing, paying costs and closing files;
- Follow administrative systems and procedures;
- Gain competency in the skill standards;
- Participate in team meetings and social and charitable activities, write blogs and content for marketing purposes;
- Attend any internal or external courses as appropriate; and
- Achieve admission to the roll (where appropriate); and
- Shared general administrative duties undertaken with other paralegals/trainees on a rota basis including opening and sorting incoming post, franking external post and assisting reception as required.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Ilinca Mardarescu at email@example.com quoting our
job reference: IM/HR/CP.