Stephen is no ordinary Lawyer. Indeed he does not think of himself as a Lawyer. Although described as a highly able and practical Litigation Lawyer focused on results and exceeding clients expectations, it’s business he’s interested in – it just so happens to be legal services his firm is selling and marketing. Co-founding Aston Bond in 2004, Stephen had a clear vision as to how tradition and innovative thinking could be skilfully blended to form a distinctive law firm. In his role as CEO, he is responsible for strategy and development, he drives the firm forward, daring to be different and this has made his vision a successful reality, shaping what we are today. He works closely with a team of professional managers including the firm’s Sales, marketing, IT and finance teams as well as the Partners and other lawyers in the firm. Managing lawyers is certainly “challenging” says Stephen …but has its rewards!
A firm advocate for long-term, on-call business relationships, Stephen has always encouraged clients to think of the firm as adjunctive to their own business. In this way they benefit from a complete range of top level legal input as and whenever they need it – a facility which would be unsustainable for most firms to maintain in-house.
Aston Bond’s current position as a highly thought of, leading regional commercial law firm is indisputably based on the professionalism of its services. Its growth and success does also rest on Stephen’s intrinsic belief that professional firms should pay just as much attention as commercial ones to their own on-going sales, marketing and continued development.
Slough Business Awards Employer of the Year 2016
Stephen Puri was awarded Slough Business awards, Employer of the year.
- Commercial disputes with special expertise in commercial and civil litigation, professional negligence claims, directors’ duties, shareholder and partnership disputes.
- Contentious matters ranging from contract disputes to company regulatory issues.
- Difficulties encountered by the owners and managers of businesses.
- Property related disputes with particular emphasis on commercial landlord and tenant litigation. This includes opposed and unopposed business lease renewals, tenant default, dilapidations, tenant insolvencies and problems on assignment and subletting. We work for a wide range of clients including property developers, national house builders, and owner managed businesses
- Construction and IT disputes.
- All High Court and County Court claims.
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution .